THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
HNC Hairdressing – Higher National Certificate in Hairdressing
This award will prepare you for progression in your career in any of the following areas:
• Salon management.
• Artistic director status.
• Becoming a company technician.
• Training and assessing.
• Becoming a session hair stylist.
• Qualified up to SVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years industrial experience within the Hairdressing Industry.
• Currently employed in a progressive salon or equivalent.
The course consists of nine units:
• Make-up Artistry: Fashion and Photographic Make-up.
• Principles and practices of selling.
• Digital Imaging.
• Creative Designs in Haircutting.
• Colouring, Colour Correction and Innovative Design.
• Specialist Treatments: Hair and Scalp Conditions.
• Communications:Practical Skills.
• Employment Experience.
• Graded Unit.
These units are also offered individually for those who may want to improve or gain particular skills without committing to the whole course.